- Urinary incontinence, urgency, overactive bladder
- Constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, faecal incontinence
- Dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse), lack of orgasm
- Painful menstruation, ovulation pain or midcycle pain
- Vaginal and cervical prolapse
- Postnatal rehabilitation: perineal pain, haemorrhoids
- Physiotherapy after prostatectomy
The indications for pelvic floor physiotherapy are: dysfunctions of bladder (various kinds of incontinence), bowel (constipation, faecal incontinence), disorders of intimate sensations (low, lack of feeling, pain); in women – menstrual or ovulation pains, some cycle disorders, vaginal or cervical prolapse; in men –pain or disorders after prostatectomy.
In many cases there is more than one dysfunction. Disorders may change in time – one disappears, but another appears.